two pumps faulty? I'm probably doing something wrong

urielmaimon

two pumps faulty? I'm probably doing something wrong

Post by urielmaimon »

Hi,

I've had the same problem with two pumps (the 6V and the 12V). It seems to me very unlikely that both pumps arrived defective. I connected them both to a generic 1200mA ac adapter (6V and then 12V) and then spliced the wires together (the AC adapter line with the stripe to the red wire on the pump) and nothing happens when I plug it in and submerge it in water. No spin, no pump, no sign of life. As if it's dead.

What am I doing wrong?
Tech_Marco

Re: two pumps faulty? I'm probably doing something wrong

Post by Tech_Marco »

Tell me which pump you're working on and the specification of the power supply.
I need to know the current rating of both devices. We usually power up the pump for preliminary test before ship. It sounds very odd that two pump die without a sign.

Marco
urielmaimon

Post by urielmaimon »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the quick reply. The pump I'm trying to work with now (I threw the previous one away thinking that I probably killed it and it was my fault) is the EWP-2502HT12V " High temperature(100 'C) DC 12V 1.85L/Min (29GPH) mini Water Pump. Food grade pump.

I'm attaching photos of my AC adapter and the wiring I did. when I tested the pump it was always submerged in room temperature water

Tech_Marco wrote:Tell me which pump you're working on and the specification of the power supply.
I need to know the current rating of both devices. We usually power up the pump for preliminary test before ship. It sounds very odd that two pump die without a sign.

Marco
Attachments
AC adapter front.jpg
pump wiring.jpg
AC adapter
AC adapter
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Send us your order# on a email and I'll ask my staff to ship you two pumps. You're a nice guy without yelling around (some did!) and I'll do you a favor.

Usually this little guy last pretty long if voltage and temperature are within the specification limit. A lot folks submersed the pump in boiling water and got killed then blame on us. I already mentioned that for pumping 100'C water the pump must used "inline" but not submerse. Or some just the pump without proper voltage regular like using it with a solar charger (over votlage). Then things happened, they will just called it louad "Cheap product or junk product" something like that. :?

We got a lot hit by those issue and hard to make them to listen our point

Marco

Return to “Electronics”