JLD404 help

louiswomble

JLD404 help

Post by louiswomble »

April 25, 2012

A Little frustrated here, I have your JDL 404 and I can’t seem to get any amperage reading with it. I have #1,2 hooked up to supply, #9, 10 hooked up in parallel with the existing analogue meter across the 50mv shunt, and I have #5 hooked up to + voltage. The unit operates and programs as per manual, I get good voltage reading and the hour meter seems to work ok, but it doesn’t seem to be reading any amperage at all and my analogue meter is working well under load. Am I missing something? Oh the unit is an electric vehicle 120v 225 AH pack. Help! Thanks.

Louis Womble
Tech_Marco

Re: JLD404 help

Post by Tech_Marco »

Louis:

I'm not sure which meter you're referring to as JLD404 is just a style not the model. Are you talking about DC power meter or the AH meter? Anyway, for sure one thing you didn't do it properly. If you read the manual it mentioned that it's "75mV" shunt required. So, I'm not sure why you used "50mV" instead.

Assuming you're talking about the DC power meter, you need to program the controller to take "75mV" for input but not the 5A or 1A. You need to set the "A-Sn" for 75mV. If you didn't do it, you diable the current reading function.

Marco

Return to “Electronics”