AutoFocusHead.jpg
AutoFocusHead.jpg (98.56 KiB) Viewed 1251 times

Tech_Marco

Re: Real time tracking auto focus laser head

Postby Tech_Marco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:57 am

KnightMaire

Postby KnightMaire » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 pm

That is AWESOME! I'm super stoked that you got that one going!

Tech_Marco

Postby Tech_Marco » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I have that idea back to 5~6 years ago. At that time, I couldn't find any digital distance sensor and thinking to design one. I went to talk with an engineer in Parallax, Rosevile in California where is 45min drive from my office. Anyway, long story short. Recently I found the sensor so I teamed up with my buddy Rix who know programming well. So, we split the project in half: hardware and software. I take care the hardware production and he take care the coding. First prototype was terrible because wrong ball screw was using and some design flaw. It cost me a trip back to China and got it fixed. The first version could travel as fast 80mm/s. The revised model can run as fast as 300mm/s.

See a new video I made:

marco

Tech_Marco

Postby Tech_Marco » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:47 am

A couple customer called for the status of their purchase of the RTAF system. I'm sorry that we're a little behind schedule on PCB designed and fabrication. The design is completed and has been sent to prototyping. The controller should be ready in 2~3 weeks.

Marco

fnaranjob

Postby fnaranjob » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Marco

I’m interested in purchasing one of your new “Real time tracking autofocus laser heads”, for a customer with a very large laser cutting machine, for which leveling of the cutting table would be too hard and expensive, I have a few questions though:

- Does the item in your online store (LSR-RTAF70M) include the stepper motor, stepper driver and power supply?
- Is this head a standalone unit?, does it have its own control independent from the machine’s controller?
- Is it compatible with any type of laser controller? Or is a specific DSP model required?
- Could you please send documentation on how to integrate it to a laser machine?

Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards,
Fernando

Tech_Marco

Postby Tech_Marco » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:37 am

Hi Fernando:

Good to hear from you again! Please see my reply below:

- Does the item in your online store (LSR-RTAF70M) include the stepper motor, stepper driver and power supply?
Ans: Motor (Yes), Driver(Yes), power supply (No, you need DC 24V 3A or 5A better)

- Is this head a standalone unit?, does it have its own control independent from the machine’s controller?
Ans: Yes.

- Is it compatible with any type of laser controller? Or is a specific DSP model required?
Ans: Should work for most DSP controller. It need 'LH' (TTL signal to Laser power supply to work)

- Could you please send documentation on how to integrate it to a laser machine?
Ans: Working on it. It is pretty simple for installation and control. The most challenging task is to get it correct mounting plate to hang the laser head. Plus, a modified mounting plate for the 2nd mirror may be required. But we provide laser metal cut to assist you should you provide a drawing.

Marco

fnaranjob

Postby fnaranjob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi Marco,

Great!, I'm working as an advisor for a customer who is building an incredibly large laser cutter (around 20 feet long!), he will be purchasing from you, not me, I think it will work, I'll have him contact you when we're finished selecting the required components.

fnaranjob

Postby fnaranjob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Tech_Marco wrote:Hi Fernando:

Good to hear from you again! Please see my reply below:

Ans: Motor (Yes), Driver(Yes), power supply (No, you need DC 24V 3A or 5A better)

Ans: Yes.

Ans: Should work for most DSP controller. It need 'LH' (TTL signal to Laser power supply to work)

Ans: Working on it. It is pretty simple for installation and control. The most challenging task is to get it correct mounting plate to hang the laser head. Plus, a modified mounting plate for the 2nd mirror may be required. But we provide laser metal cut to assist you should you provide a drawing.

Marco

Hi Marco,

Please let me know as soon as you have documentation on how to install this new head, I need at least electrical connections instructions as I need to verify what's needed to interface your head's control to the machine's controller

Thank you
Fernando

Return to “Auto focus laser head”