Installing T9 driver and lasersoft 7.22

Freddie

Installing T9 driver and lasersoft 7.22

Post by Freddie »

I have replaced my old driver with the T9, but when I try to install the software and driver, nothing happens when I click on "Install Driver". I can install Lasersoft, but when it opens it says at the bottom that the controller is not connected. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get a driver to install? I have uninstalled and downloaded the program from Lightobject twice, but with the same result. Without the driver I can't set up the T9 for my machine. Thanks, Freddie
Tech_Marco

Re: Installing T9 driver and lasersoft 7.22

Post by Tech_Marco »

Which USB port on theDSP did you connect the cable to? The driver can be installed only when USB is connected

Marco
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Marco, I have the USB from the controller connected to a usb out port on my computer. I also have the ethernet cable connected to the ethernet port on my computer. Is that correct? The UDisk port on the controller uses a cable to mount the usb port to the cabinet for the file saving thumbdrive.

The cables that came with the T9 include a USB type B male (kind of square shape) to a USB 2.0 male. I used that one from the controller USB type B port to the computer USB 2.0 port.
Does the Ethernet cable have to be plugged in? It was when I tried it.
The Udisk port would require a cable with both ends a male USB 2.0 to connect to the computer. There isn't one with the T9 kit.

As soon as I power up my laser, the carriage moves to the left, but my limit switches are on the top right. I press the stop button on the screen to avoid a crash and keep the T9 powered up.
My Y axis only moves up when I push the down button, and the limit switch doesn't stop the movement. and doesn't move with the up button.
Z goes in the right directions, but will not lower past a short distance.
X left and right are normal, the limit switch can be triggered to stop it, but immediately goes again when I let the switch go.
Hopefully I can configure all the wrong movements if I can get the T9 to link with the computer.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

I opened the device manager in Windows, it shows FT245R USB FIFO, but has yellow question marks next to it. LaserSoft is not open, per the manual instructions. The USB connection to the controller seems intact since I get the device listed, but when I try to install the driver, nothing happens except the “install the Driver” button cannot be clicked again.
Can the T9 be configured by another computer out of the machine if it is powered up with 24V? If so, I could remove it, take it in my office and try to configure it there. I still won’t have the driver in the XP computer, but do I need it after the controller is configured?

Has anyone here had this issue?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Let's do the driver install manually. Under the installation folder, there is a folder name 'Driver'. Open it and you will find a file name 'UsbDriver'
Double click it see if you can install it. Or, you can do driver update on Windows and point the folder to the "installation folder\Driver\CDM v2.08.30 WHQL Certified\"

Give it a try see if it works

Marco
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Marco, that may be the problem. There is no "usbdriver" file in the downloaded Lasersoft file in the driver folder.

In the Driver folder:
(Folder) CDM v2.08.30 WHQL Certified
(file) CDM 2 08 30 Release Info.rtf

In the CDM v2.08.30 WHQL Certified Folder:
(folder) amd64
(folder) i386
(folder) static
ftdibus.inf
ftdiport.inf
ftdiport.cat
ftdibus.cat
ftd2xx.h

There are no executable files in any folder.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Marco, thank you for telling me about the usbdriver file. It is missing from your Lasersoft 7.22 download! I had the old download for 7.20 and it had the usbdriver file on it, so I copied and pasted it into the downloaded 7.22 folder. Now the driver loaded!

***Thank you so much, you may have your guys look at the 7.22 program download, it's missing this file.***

With that corrected, I was able to configure my laser. I'm still working on the step accuracy, my old laser had a step setting of 0.001875, the T9 controller has a default of 3.7500. That seems strange, but I'll work on getting it corrected for accuracy.

Thank you so much for all your time.
Freddie
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Great you found out the issue. Let me double check the files I uploaded.
Will update what I found in a moment.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Confirmed! Yes, the zip file is missing the USB exe file. I'm uploading another copy with some minor update. It is 7.22.25
Just give me five minutes to upload it

Marco

Return to “DSP T9”